This fabulous Lares Trek of 5 days is for people looking to spend an extra day in nature high up in the mountains taking in the refreshing landscapes. Take pleasure in hiking through exotic scenery and visiting traditional communities to witness their unique and colorful weaving techniques. You will be amazed with the natural surroundings and feel the peacefulness of walking where there aren't many tourists around. Then, you will descend into
the lush valley to board your train in Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes. Spend the night remembering your memorable hike in Lares. The following day relish in the magic that Machu Picchu has to offer. Let Qeros Tours Peru show you the best of Lares and Machu Picchu.
Lares Trek 4 days Overview:
- Duration: 4 days/3 nights.
- Starting point: Cusco/Calca/Lares.
- Ending point: Machu Picchu/Cusco.
- Physical Demand Rating: Moderate.
- Age Restriction: 12-years old and older.
- Tour Type: Trekking, Cultural, Adventure.
- Accommodation: Camping/2 nights/Hotel.
- Service Level: Standard - Deluxe.
- Guarantee: Satisfaction and Safety.
- Style: Personalized.
- Carbon Emissions: 350 CO2-E.
- Group Size: 2 Minimum, 10 Maximum.
- Transport: Train, walk, Mini-Van.
- * Price from: US $ - Contact us.
Lares Trek itinerary:
1st day: Cusco – Huaca Casi Paso – Lares Thermal Baths – Huacawasi
Your journey begins with an early morning pick-up from your hotel in Cusco and drive towards Lares. We will pass several archaeological sites and handicraft markets in the Sacred Valley of the Incas. In the province of Calca (2,940m/9,646ft) we will first head for the Huaca Casi Paso (4,400m/14,436ft) and then descend to the thermal baths of Lares (3,200m/10,499ft). Here we will have some time to relax in the pools between 28-36 degrees Cº/82-97 degrees Fº. After lunch, we will continue our journey towards Huacawasi (3,600m/11,811ft) where our campsite is located.
Transport time: 4 hours.
Hiking time: 3 hours.
2nd day: Huaca Wasi – Sipsay Pass – Patacancha
The second day is possibly the most beautiful, with its stunning views. After breakfast, we will start a 4-hour hike up to the Sipsay Pass (4,400m/14,436ft). Up there, we will visit local families living from agriculture and textile design inspired by their Andean gods, perpetuating the Quechua tradition. Thereafter, we will head down to our camp site, the village of Patacancha (3,650m/11,975ft).
Hiking time: 7 hours
3rd day: Patacancha – Willoq – Pumamarca – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes
On this gorgeous day we will visit several communities and native towns such as Willoq (3,400m/11,156ft), Pumamarca (3,200m/10,499ft) and Ollantaytambo (2,850m/9,350ft). The latter is considered to be the last citadel of the Incas, constructed according to Inca architecture. From Ollantaytambo we will take the train to Aguas Calientes (2,050m/6,726ft) where we will spend the night in a comfortable hotel.
Hiking time: approx. 6 hours.
4th day: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
We will leave our hotel after breakfast at 5:30AM and head for Machu Picchu (2,400m/7,874ft) by tourist bus to arrive at the citadel around 6:00AM. After a guided tour of the archaeological site visiting the sacred temples and more, you will have time at your own leisure to further explore Machu Picchu or climb Huayna Picchu (2,750m/9,022ft). We will leave Aguas Calientes by train either at 2:55PM or at 6:10PM. Until then, you will have time for lunch in one of Aguas Calientes' restaurants, or even visit the hot springs in in the city before departing to Cusco.
Hiking time: 2 hours.
- Transport from the hotel to Lares Valley.
- Tourist train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- Tourist train Aguas Calientes-Cusco/Aguas Calientes-Ollantaytambo & bus to Cusco.
- Entrance to the thermal baths in the Lares Valley.
- Entrance to the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu.
- Hotel room with private bathroom in Aguas Calientes (Tourist Category).
- Professional bilingual guide (Spanish & English).
- High-quality camping equipment (Pro tents: Doite Cima 4, extralight-4,5kg for 2 people), mattresses, eating tent with table & chairs, bathroom tent.
- Meals during the excursion (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & snacks/Vegetarian option, at no cost).
- Cook and cooking equipment.
- Horseman & mules for all camping & personal equipment (up to 7 kg).
- Emergency horse (minimum 2 persons).
- First-aid kit, including Oxygen bottle & safety rope.
- Breakfast on the first day and last lunch in Aguas Calientes.
- Sleeping bag (if you don't have a sleeping bag, there is the possibility of renting/buying one).
- Lodging in Cusco.
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu (optional).
Lodging & Prices: Our team of travel consultants has carefully selected the Hotels based on their excellent value and high standards. (Lower Prices + Top Service = Best Value). We can book any hotel for you at competitive rates, but published prices are based on the Qeros Tours Peru Top Hotel Picks.
Occupancy Hotel Category
Double/triple Tourist 2-star Superior 3-star Deluxe 4/5-star
Prices may vary according to season, availability & client preferences. Certain transport costs may not be included. Please contact one of our expert Travel Consultants for more information.