Machu Picchu and the Inca city of Cusco are the most popular vacation destinations in Peru, with a combination of Inca & Spanish culture and architecture too. This beautiful city is also the departure point for visiting the sensational Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu. Visit the dramatic complex at your own pace, strolling and exploring the sacred grounds, feeling the mystical & positive energy around you.
Machu Picchu Trip Overview:
- Duration: 03 days.
- Starting Point: Cusco.
- Ending Point: Machu Picchu/Cusco.
- Physical Demand Rating: Easy.
- Age Restriction: 0 year old.
- Tour Type: Cultural, Adventure, Nature.
- Service Level: Standard-Deluxe.
- Guarantee: Satisfaction and Safety.
- Style: Personalized.
- Carbon Emissions: 380 CO2-E.
- Group Size: 2 minimum, 10 maximum.
- Transport: Train, by foot, Mini-van.
- Price from: US $ - Contact us.
Machu Picchu Trip Itinerary:
Day 1: Cusco City Tour
You will be greeted at the airport in Cusco by one of our representatives and transferred to your hotel. Once you arrive to the marvelous city of Cusco you will be astounded with the many examples of Spanish colonial architecture built upon the remains of ancient Inca settlements. We recommend resting in your hotel for a short while before starting the City Tour in order to help you acclimatize to the altitude. Drink Coca Tea (let it soak for at least 5 minutes, so it can make an effect) to help you prevent with the altitude sickness.
We will begin the historical guided tour of the astonishing city of Cusco in the afternoon. You will visit the main plaza and see the outside of the Cathedral, built on the foundations of the Inca Palace, Qoricancha (sun temple), the nearby complex of Sacsayhuaman (a sacred temple overlooking Cusco) used by the Incas but referred to as a fortress by the Spaniards, Q'enko (believed to be a place of sacrifices), Puka Pukara (the red fortress) and finally Tambomachay, the "Baths of the Inca". After a fabulous time, you will return to your hotel in the late afternoon to relax. Spend the evening at leisure enjoying the hospitality of the locals, the delicious cuisine of the fabulous City of Cusco and maybe the local discos for a dance, if you still have some breath.
Day 02: Machu Picchu - Cusco
We will pick you up early in the morning to transfer you to the train station for a 3-hour journey to the famous Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu, also known as "The Lost City of the Incas". Machu Picchu is one of the most renowned examples of the surviving Inca architecture. After your arrival in Aguas Calientes train station, you take a 30-minute bus drive climbing 8km of winding road to the marvelous citadel. There, you will take a professional-guided tour of the sacred sanctuary with pleasure, visiting the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Sun-Dial, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and the various burial grounds. After the tour, you'll have time to stroll around the archaeological site at your leisure. Lunch at a local restaurant and a late afternoon return back to Cusco for an overnight at your selected hotel.
Meals included: Breakfast & lunch.
Day 03: Cusco
After breakfast, transfer assistance for your departure.
Meals included: Breakfast.
End of Service.....!!!
Lodging & Prices: Our team of travel consultants have carefully selected hotels based on their excellent value and high standards. (Lower Prices + Top Service = Best Value). We can book any hotel for you at competitive rates, but published prices are based on the Qeros Tours Peru Top Hotel Picks.
Occupancy Hotel Category
Double/Triple, Tourist 2-star, Superior 3-star, Deluxe 4/5-star
Price from: 000 SS$ 000 SS$ 000 SS$
Prices may vary according to season, availability & client preferences. Certain transport costs may not be included. Please contact one of our expert Travel Consultants for more information.
* 2-night accommodation at a selected hotel in Cusco.
* In and out transfers.
* All applicable local taxes.
* Bilingual guided tours (English/Spanish).
* Entrance fees for the excursions mentioned above.
* Lunch at Aguas Calientes & other meals as indicated on the itinerary.
* Train & bus tickets Cusco-Aguas Calientes-Cusco.
* International & Domestic flights.
* Airport taxes ($30,25 for int'l flights & $6,05 for domestic flights).
* Baggage excess.
* Alcoholic drinks, soda or bottled mineral water.
* Personal expenses such as laundry, phone calls, etc.
* International/National telephone calls.
* Additional nights for bad weather/flight cancellation.
* Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu.
* Gratuities, extras, tips, etc.