One of our most popular rafting sections during the season is the Chuquicahuana section of the river on the Upper Vilcanota. There are good class II & III rapids and the water is not contaminated. This section of the river is more intense with adrenaline; on the Chuquicahuana section of the river we will include a safety Cataraft or Kayak.
Chuquicahuana Rafting itinerary:
Between 08.30 & 08.50am we pick you up at your hotel. Our private transport will take us to our camping ground were we can leave our baggage. Here you will enjoy hot showers, toilets, a sauna and a comfortable dining area.
Our professional river guides will provide you with all the proper rafting equipment such as helmet, wetsuit, spray jacket, paddle and self-bailing raft.
After a comprehensive safety talk, you will travel 10 minutes more to Chuquicahuana, then we will be running exciting Class II & III rapids. You will spend about 2 hours floating time, afterwards, we drive back to the camping were a good warm lunch will be served and you can enjoy a relaxing Sauna.
Our return would be in the late afternoon.
- Transportation to the river and back.
- All the rafting equipment, such as helmets, life jackets, spray jackets, wetsuits, paddles and the Raft.
- Professional river guides.
- Lunch, we can accommodate to a vegetarian diet upon request.
- Photos & video upon request with an additional charge.
- Safety kayaker.
- A complete set of dry clothing.
- A pair of sandals/tennis shoes for the river, that will get wet.
- A small towel.
- A bathing suit to wear under the wetsuit.
- A good positive mental attitude.